TOP 10 QUESTIONS
What Is A Routine Inspection, And Why Is It Necessary
Car testing will improve road safety and enhance environmental protection. Other benefits will include:
- Safer, more reliable cars, longer vehicle service life & reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced air and noise pollution
- Potential for lower insurance premiums
- Employment opportunities throughout FCT
- Based on a Vehicle Tester Manual – testing will be carried out at a standard, which includes :
Wheel Alignment Test
- ( this tests are computerized). Part of the test are also visual test like: Under body inspection, Interior inspection, Seat belt, … etc
Where Can I Find The Inspection Centres ………
At the moment 2 inspection centers are in being developed. The first at Kubua Expressway, Onex and the
second at Yanyan Expressway, Kugbo, Gwagwalada Test Center, Gwagwalada Abuja. In all a total of 6 Test Centers is to be developed in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
What Are The Inspection Centres Operating Hours?
The Operation hours of the inspection
centers are 7am – 7pm
Can Inspectors Come To My Location To Inspect My Vehicle?
No – you have to come to one of the Test Centre
What Happens After An Inspection?
If you PASS the test, you will get a Certificate for the next 12 month (For private vehicles and 6 months for
Commercial vehicles) If you fail – you have to come back for a booked Retest within a 30 day window If you miss this time window – you have to undergo an Initial Test again.
Are there any exemptions to Roadworthiness inspections?
No – All Vehicles are expected to undergoes periodic routines inspection as applicable
What Documents Do I Need To Bring To An Inspection Center?
- Vehicle Licence and
- Vehicle Owner Certificate
What Types Of Inspections Are Available?
- Initial Test
- Re Test
I Want To Register My Imported Used Vehicle: What Inspection Do I Need To Do?
Can anyone bring a vehicle for an inspection, or only the registered owner or an employee of the company (in the case of commercial/corporately owned vehicles)?
Vehicle Inspection focused on the vehicle only–so the owner don’t have to come
himself, but we are storing the ownership of the vehicle, so we need the Vehicle Owner Certificate